ETSI - EN 301 489-50
ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC) standard for radio equipment and services; Part 50: Specific conditions for Cellular Communication Base Station (BS), repeater and ancillary equipment; Harmonised Standard covering the essential requirements of article 3.1(b) of Directive 2014/53/EU
|Publication Date:||1 February 2017|
The present document specifies technical characteristics and methods of measurements for equipment the following equipment types:
1) digital cellular base station equipment;
3) associated ancillary equipment.
Including individually and combinations of:
• UTRA, WCDMA (IMT-2000 Direct Spread, W-CDMA, UMTS)
• E-UTRA, LTE (IMT-2000 and IMT advanced) • GSM (IMT-2000 SC, Technology GSM/EDGE)
• MSR (IMT-2000 and IMT advanced, combination of technologies above)
• OFDMA WMAN (IMT-2000 OFDMA, OFDMA WMAN)
• CDMA (CDMA2000 - IMT MC, CDMA2000 1X) Technical specifications related to the antenna port and emissions from the enclosure port of radio equipment (base station (BS), and repeaters) are not included in the present document. Such technical specifications are found in the relevant product standards for the effective use of the radio spectrum.
Examples of base station equipment covered by the present document are given in annex A.
In case of differences (for instance concerning special conditions, definitions, abbreviations) between the present document and ETSI EN 301 489-1 , the provisions of the present document take precedence.
The environmental classification and the emission and immunity requirements used in the present document are as stated in ETSI EN 301 489-1 , except for any special conditions included in the present document.
The present document covers the essential requirements of article 3.1(b) of Directive 2014/53/EU under the conditions identified in annex A.
Technical specifications related to the antenna port of radio equipment and radiated emissions from the enclosure port of radio equipment and combinations of radio and associated ancillary equipment are given in the harmonised product standards ETSI EN 301 908-1  or ETSI EN 301 502  for the effective and efficient use of the radio spectrum.