German construction contract procedures (VOB) - Part C: General technical specifications in construction contracts (ATV) - Insulation of service installations
|Publication Date:||1 September 2016|
|ICS Code (Contractual aspects):||91.010.20|
|ICS Code (Other standards related to protection against fire):||13.220.99|
This standard deals with
- the insulation and fire protection of production and distribution installations in industrial installations and technical building equipment (e.g. vessels, containers, columns, tanks, steam generators, pipework, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, cold water systems, hot water systems),
- insulation and fire protection in cold stores and controlled-climate chambers,
- the fire protection of electrical installations and smoke extraction systems,
- the installation of fire stops at penetrations in walls and floors.
This standard does not cover the insulation or fire protection
- of buildings and other structures, or
- in control areas in nuclear power stations.
DIN 18299, clauses 1 to 5 shall also apply. In cases where the specifications of DIN 18299 contradict the present standard, DIN 18421 shall take precedence.