Elastomer Seals for Fuel Caps
|Publication Date:||1 December 2017|
Materials covered by this specification are divided into six (6) types.
• Type A: Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR), sealing against the filler neck.
• Type B: Fluorocarbon Rubber (FKM), internal gasket.
• Type C: Elastomer, sealing against environmental influence.
• Type D: Fluorocarbon rubber, sealing against the filler neck (SAE J200 M3HK 607 A1-10B37).
• Type E: Fluorocarbon rubber internal gasket (SAE J200 M2HK 710 A1-10B38).
• Type F: Drawing defined (e.g., using SAE J200 or ASTM D2000 line callout).
This specification covers the materials and performance of elastomeric seals, used in the screw locking or bayonet fuel cap.