SNZ - AS/NZS 60335.2.97
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety Part 2.97: Particular requirements for drives for shutters, awnings, blinds and similar equipment
|Publication Date:||30 June 2017|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric drives for shutters, blinds and awnings, intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase drives and 480 V for other drives.
NOTE 101 Battery-operated drives and other d.c. supplied drives are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE 102 Examples of equipment that can be driven are
- spring controlled folding arm awnings;
- grilles covering doors and windows;
- projection screens;
- shutters covering doors and windows;
Examples are shown in Figure 101.
NOTE 103 Drives may be supplied with a driven part.
Drives not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as drives intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry, on farms and on industrial premises, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by drives that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the drive safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the drive.
NOTE 104 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for drives intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 105 This standard does not apply to
- drives intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- drives for vertically moving garage doors for residential use (IEC 60335-2-95);
- drives for rolling doors (IEC 60335-2-103);
- drives used in premises such as hangars or in heavy industry;
- drives for theatre curtains.