DODD 3200.16 CE-01
Operational Range Clearance (ORC)
|Publication Date:||4 December 2017|
This instruction reissues DoD Instruction (DoDI) 3200.16 (Reference (a)), in accordance with the authority in DoD Directives (DoDDs) 5124.02 and 3200.15 (References (b) and (c)), to establish policy, assign responsibilities, and provide procedures for conducting ORC to maintain operational range safety and sustainability.
APPLICABILITY. This instruction:
a. Applies to:
(1) OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to collectively in this instruction as the "DoD Components").
(2) Operational ranges within the United States.
(3) Operational ranges outside the United States to the extent compliance with this instruction does not conflict with obligations under applicable international agreements, including status of forces agreements, country-specific final governing standards, and DoD 4715.05-G (Reference (d)), whichever apply.
(4) The DoD Component with real property accountability for the range.
b. Does not apply to:
(1) Indoor ranges or other than operational ranges.
(2) Operational ranges used solely to support contingency operations, unless otherwise specified.