Data quality — Part 63: Data quality management: Process measurement
|Publication Date:||1 December 2019|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This document specifies a structure for process measurement stacks that organizations can instantiate to measure the characteristics of processes for data quality management. This structure consists of goal, sub goal, question, indicator and metric. The instantiated stack consists of content that is determined by a chosen model for assessing the maturity of the processes under consideration.
The following are within the scope of this document:
- the fundamentals of process measurement;
- the inspection plan and inspection order by which to perform measurement;
- the structure of the measurement stack;
- the role of the chosen maturity model in instantiating the stack.
The following are outside the scope of this document:
- methods for inspecting implemented processes;
- methods for generating measured values from the inspection of processes;
- how to choose a suitable maturity model.
This document can be used in conjunction with, or independently of, quality management systems standards.
NOTE ISO 8000-8 specifies concepts and methods for measuring information and data quality.