Classification of environmental conditions – Part 3-2: Classification of groups of environmental parameters and their severities – Transportation and handling
|Publication Date:||1 February 2018|
|ICS Code (Environmental testing):||19.040|
This part of IEC 60721 classifies the groups of environmental parameters and their severities to which a product is subjected while being transported and handled.
The most commonly used methods of transportation and handling have been taken into account, including the following:
- road transport: cars, trucks;
- rail transport: trains, trams;
- water transport, inland and maritime: ships;
- air transport: aircraft, jet, propeller, helicopter;
- handling equipment: cranes, transport lifts, cableways, persons;
- hand trollies.
The environmental conditions specified in this document are those that the product can be exposed to while transported and handled. If the product is packaged, the environmental conditions apply to the package containing the product. If the product is unpackaged, the environmental conditions apply to the product.
Conditions for storage are given in IEC 60721-3-1.