CEN ISO/TS 21719-1
Electronic fee collection - Personalization of onboard equipment (OBE) - Part 1: Framework
|Publication Date:||1 February 2018|
|ICS Code (Road transport):||03.220.20|
|ICS Code (IT applications in transport):||35.240.60|
This document describes:
- an overall description of the EFC personalization process;
- a description of EFC functionality that can be used for personalization.
The personalization process takes place within the domain of the entity that is responsible for the application in the OBE.
The scope of the EFC functionality is limited to the interface between the personalization equipment (PE) and OBE as shown in Figure 1. It is out of the scope of this document to define whether the personalization functionality resides completely in the PE or whether this functionality instead resides in a central system and where the PE is more or less "transparent".
It is outside the scope of this document to define the following:
- exact application command or message structures for the EFC personalization functionality (these are dependent on the communication media and described in subsequent parts of the ISO/TS 21719 series);
- conformance procedures and test specification (this may be provided in a by separate set of standards that are referred to in the subsequent parts of the ISO/TS 21719 series);
- setting-up of operating organizations (e.g. Toll Service Provider, personalization agent, trusted third party, etc.);
- legal issues.
NOTE Some of the above issues are subject to separate standards prepared by CEN/TC 278, ISO/TC 204 or ETSI ERM.