CEN ISO/TS 21719-2
Electronic fee collection - Personalization of on-board equipment (OBE) - Part 2: Using dedicated short-range communication
|Publication Date:||1 February 2018|
|ICS Code (Road transport):||03.220.20|
|ICS Code (IT applications in transport):||35.240.60|
This document specifies
- personalization interface: dedicated short-range communication (DSRC),
- physical systems: on-board equipment and the personalization equipment,
- DSRC-link requirements,
- EFC personalization functions according to ISO/TS 21719‑1 when defined for the DSRC interface, and
- security data elements and mechanisms to be used over the DSRC interface.
Protcol information conformance statement (PICS) proforma is provided in Annex B, whereas security computation examples are provided in Annex E.
The scope of the personalization functionality is illustrated in Figure 1 and it is limited to the DSRC interface between the personalization equipment (PE) and the OBE.
It is outside the scope of this document to define
- conformance procedures and test specification (this is provided in a separate set of standards),
- setting-up of operating organizations (e.g. toll service provider, personalization agent, trusted third party, etc.), and
- legal issues.
NOTE Some of these issues are subject to separate standards prepared by CEN/TC 278, ISO/TC 204 or ETSI ERM.
Figure 2 shows the scope of this document from a DSRC-stack perspective.