CENELEC - EN 60335-2-89
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-89: Particular requirements for commercial refrigerating appliances with an incorporated or remote refrigerant condensing unit or compressor
|Publication Date:||1 March 2010|
|ICS Code (Commercial refrigerating appliances):||97.130.20|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This standard applies to commercial refrigerators and freezers used for the display of food products, including beverages, for retail sale.
This International Standard specifies safety requirements for electrically operated commercial refrigerating appliances that have an incorporated compressor or that are supplied in two units for assembly as a single appliance in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions (split system).
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
- refrigerated display and storage cabinets;
- refrigerated trolley cabinets;
- service counters and self-service counters;
- blast chillers and blast freezers.
NOTE Z101 Commercial use of these refrigerating appliances is for example their use in restaurants, canteens, hospitals and commercial enterprises such as bakeries, butcheries, supermarkets etc.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of applia ces.
It does not cover those features of construction and operation of refrigerating appliances which are dealt with in ISO standards.
In many countries additional requirements on the safe use of the equipment covered may be specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- for scrapping of appliances, additional requirements may be necessary.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- domestic refrigerating appliances (IEC 60335‑2‑24)
- industrial refrigerating systems;
- motor-compressors (IEC 60335‑2‑34);
- commercial dispensing appliances and vending machines (IEC 60335‑2‑75);
- commercial ice-cream appliances;
- commercial ice makers;
- cold temperature rooms;
- multiple refrigerated chambers with a remote compressor.
- appliances with a charge greater than 150 g of flammable refrigerant in each separate refrigerant circuit.
Products covered by this standard do not create a noise hazard; therefore no specific provisions concerning noise are given.