AMENDMENT 1 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-12: Particular requirements for warming plates and similar appliances
|Publication Date:||1 April 2008|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
|ICS Code (Kitchen equipment):||97.040|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric warming plates, warming trays and similar appliances intended to keep food or vessels warm, for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or in aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- appliances made of flexible material, such as textile material;
- appliances intended exclusively to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances intended exclusively for commercial catering or industrial purposes.