BSI - BS EN 61810-1
Electromechanical elementary relays - Part 1: General requirements
|Publication Date:||29 August 2008|
|ICS Code (Relays):||29.120.70|
This part of IEC 61810 applies to electromechanical elementary relays (non-specified time allor- nothing relays) for incorporation into equipment. It defines the basic functional requirements and safety-related aspects for applications in all areas of electrical engineering or electronics, such as:
• general industrial equipment,
• electrical facilities,
• electrical machines,
• electrical appliances for household and similar use,
• information technology and business equipment,
• building automation equipment,
• automation equipment,
• electrical installation equipment,
• medical equipment,
• control equipment,
• transportation (e.g. railways).
Compliance with the requirements of this standard is verified by the type tests indicated.
In case the application of a relay determines additional requirements exceeding those specified in this standard, the relay should be assessed in line with this application in accordance with the relevant IEC standard(s) (e.g. IEC 60730-1, IEC 60335-1, IEC 60950-1).