ETSI - EN 301 357-2
Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio spectrum Matters (ERM); Cordless audio devices in the range 25 MHz to 2 000 MHz; Part 2: Harmonized EN covering essential requirements of article 3.2 of the R&TTE Directive
|Publication Date:||1 September 2008|
The present document is intended to specify the minimum performance and the methods of measurement of cordless audio equipment in the range 25 MHz to 2 000 MHz, including:
• cordless headphones;
• cordless loudspeakers;
• consumer radio microphones in the range 863 MHz to 865 MHz;
• in-ear monitoring equipment using either 300 kHz bandwidth analogue modulation or 300 kHz, 600 kHz, 1 200 kHz digital FDMA modulation in the range 863 MHz to 865 MHz;
• in-vehicle cordless;
• personal cordless;
• broadband multi channel audio systems;
• Band II LPD. (low power devices) in the 87,5 MHz to 108 MHz range (Broadcasting Band II) using up to 200 kHz bandwidth and analogue modulation.
• and other devices and frequency bands defined within CEPT/ERC/REC 70-03 [i.4] or European or National regulation.
The frequency bands for this equipment may differ from country to country as specified in their national regulations. All equipment is intended to be used with integral antennas.
The present document is intended to cover the provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC [i.1] (R&TTE Directive), article 3.2, which states that "..... radio equipment shall be so constructed that it effectively uses the spectrum allocated to terrestrial/space radio communications and orbital resources so as to avoid harmful interference".
In addition to the present document, other ENs that specify technical requirements in respect of essential requirements under other parts of Article 3 of the R&TTE Directive may apply to equipment within the scope of the present document.
NOTE 1: A list of such ENs is included on the web site
NOTE 2: The term cordless is also used to describe infra red and other non-RF "wireless" links, but in the context of the present document it is restricted to RF operating systems only.