ETSI - EN 301 357-2
Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio spectrum Matters (ERM); Cordless audio devices in the range 25 MHz to 2 000 MHz; Part 2: Harmonized EN covering essential requirements of article 3.2 of the R&TTE Directive
|Publication Date:||1 May 2006|
The present document covers Cordless audio devices considered by definition short-range devices.
- The present document applies to cordless audio consumer radio microphones, in ear monitoring equipment using either 300 kHz bandwidth analogue modulation; or
- 300 kHz, 600 kHz; or
- 1200 kHz digital FDMA modulation; and
- Band II LPD (low power devices) using 200 kHz bandwidth and analogue modulation.
The frequency bands for this equipment may differ from country to country as specified in their national regulations. All equipment is intended to be used with integral antennas.
The types of equipment covered by the present document are as follows:
- cordless headphones;
- cordless loudspeakers;
- consumer radio microphones;
- in-ear monitoring;
- in-vehicle cordless;
- personal cordless;
- broadband multi channel audio systems;
- Band II LPD.
The present document is intended to cover the provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC  (R&TTE Directive), article 3.2, which states that "..... radio equipment shall be so constructed that it effectively uses the spectrum allocated to terrestrial/space radio communications and orbital resources so as to avoid harmful interference".
In addition to the present document, other ENs that specify technical requirements in respect of essential requirements under other parts of Article 3 of the R&TTE Directive may apply to equipment within the scope of the present document.
NOTE: A list of such ENs is included on the web site