Industrial automation systems and integration — Product data representation and exchange — Part 59: Integrated generic resource — Quality of product shape data
|Publication Date:||15 October 2008|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of ISO 10303 specifies the representation of product data quality especially focusing on three dimensional product shape data. It provides general specifications for the representation of quality criterion, quality measurement requirement, quality assessment specification and quality inspection result of product data. These specifications are provided so that this part of ISO 10303 can be extended to deal with non-shape data quality in the future. By focusing on three dimensional shape data, detailed specifications for the representation of shape data quality criterion together with corresponding measurement requirement, shape data quality assessment specification and detailed results of shape data quality inspection are provided.
The following are within the scope of this part of ISO 10303:
- representation of high level data elements for managing quality related data;
- representation of general quality criteria for product data;
- representation of general quality criteria for product data associated to the corresponding measurement requirements;
- representation of general quality criteria for product data associated to the corresponding assessment specifications;
- representation of quality inspection results of given product data;
- representation of quality criteria for three dimensional product shape data coupled with measurement requirements for the evaluation of quality criteria and association with the pertinent assessment specifications: quality criteria can be used for the representation of requirement, declaration of, or assurance of, product shape data quality; the target shape data models are equivalent to those defined in ISO 10303-42;
NOTE 1 Detailed requirements for product shape data quality are application context-dependent. This part of ISO 10303 provides a means to select appropriate criteria with required thresholds.
- representation of quality inspection results of given three dimensional product shape data.
The following are outside the scope of this part of ISO 10303:
- degree of satisfaction of design intents;
- quality inspection algorithm;
- relation of shape data quality with tolerance;
NOTE 2 This part of ISO 10303 deals with illegal or inappropriate product (shape) data represented by a finite number of digits where no unique correct solution exists. Therefore, what is specified in this part of ISO 10303 is essentially different from tolerance information.
- detailed information relating to quality of product data other than shape data;
NOTE 3 Though general specifications for the representation of criterion, measurement requirement, assessment specification and inspection result of product data quality are given, detailed specifications are provided only for three dimensional product shape data.
- data model to improve quality of product shape data;
- relationship of design quality and quality of product data;
- aesthetic quality of product shape data.
NOTE 4 Aesthetic quality of product shape is a decisive factor for some types of product, such as passenger cars. However, it is not included in this part of ISO 10303 since technology for the evaluation of the aesthetic quality is not yet well established, even though practical functions for its evaluation such as smooth highlight lines or smooth curvature distribution are deployed.