ETSI - ES 202 663
Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS); European profile standard for the physical and medium access control layer of Intelligent Transport Systems operating in the 5 GHz frequency band
|Publication Date:||1 November 2009|
The present document specifies the European profile in line with [i.8] of the physical and medium access control sub-layer of 5 GHz intelligent transport systems (ITS) using IEEE 802.11  as the base standard. It covers the frequency ranges:
ITS-G5A: Operation of ITS-G5 in European ITS frequency bands dedicated to ITS for safety related applications in the frequency range 5,875 GHz to 5,905 GHz.
ITS-G5B: Operation in European ITS frequency bands dedicated to ITS non- safety applications in the frequency range 5,855 GHz to 5,875 GHz.
ITS-G5C: Operation of ITS applications in the frequency range 5,470 GHz to 5,725 GHz.
One of the additionally selected functionalities being an essential part of the present document is "communication outside the context of a BSS" as currently being developed by IEEE 802.11 Task Group p .
Communication outside the context of a BSS enables exchange of data frames between stations that are not members of a BSS. This type of communication allows for immediate exchange of data frames, avoiding the latency associated with the establishment of a BSS.
The present document covers the following IEEE 802.11  services:
• spectrum management services (DFS, uniform spreading) for ITS-G5C;
• transmit power control;
• traffic differentiation and QoS support;
• selected MAC data services: DCF, EDCA,
• selected MAC control services: ACK, RTS, CTS;
• selected MAC management services: selected action frames (spectrum management action frames);
• OFDM PHY.
The profile excludes the following IEEE 802.11  features:
• association services;
• access control and data confidentiality services;
• higher-layer timer synchronization;
• selected MAC data services, i.e. PCF, HCF HCCA;
• selected MAC control services, i.e. PS-Poll, CF-End, CF-End + CF-Ack, Block Ack Request/Block Ack;
• selected MAC management services, i.e. beacon, ATIM, disassociation, association request/response, re-association request/response, probe request/response, authentication, de-authentication, selected action (measurement request/report);
• power management services.