EUROCAE ED 110
INTEROPERABILITY REQUIREMENTS STANDARD FOR AERONAUTICAL TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK BASELINE 1 (ATN B1 INTEROP STANDARD) VOLUME 1 OF 2 Sections 1 – 4
|Publication Date:||1 December 2007|
The scope of this document is ATN Baseline 1. ATN Baseline 1 includes a subset of ATN applications that support the following air traffic services (ATS):
• Data Link Initiation Capability (DLIC);
• ATC Communication Management (ACM);
• ATC Clearance (ACL);
• ATC Microphone Check (AMC); ·
• Departure Clearance (DCL); ·
• Downstream Clearance Service (DSC); ·
•Data link Automatic Terminal Information Service (D-ATIS); and
• Flight Plan Consistency (FLIPCY).
NOTE: Implementers opting to build systems using this document should be aware that the detailed specifications for ADS-C and FIS applications are under amendment by ICAO. The amended specifications will cope with:
- extra-protection against message mis-delivery and corruption (equivalent to the so-called Protected Mode function for CPDLC), and
- extended operational content for ADS-C (current use feedback, anticipation of 4D trajectory, etc.).
Therefore extreme caution is required before opting for implementations of FLIPCY (ADS) and ATIS (FIS) services using this material.
These ATS services supported by data communications are described in section 4 to the extent necessary to establish the INTEROP for the ATN Baseline 1 functions needed to support them.
NOTE: It is not intended to restrict the use of ATN applications for ATS or to restrict communication services from operating over other subnetworks. The INTEROP for such expanded implementations are outside the scope of ATN Baseline 1. Parts of the Doc 9705 that are identified as "out of scope" herein have not been considered for INTEROP. Therefore, INTEROP will need to be determined prior to supporting an out of scope part of Doc 9705.