BSI - PREN 12605
Industrial, commercial and garage doors and gates - Mechanical aspects - Test methods
|Publication Date:||1 March 2005|
|ICS Code (Doors and windows):||91.060.50|
This document specifies the methods to verify the safety requirements stated in prEN 12604:2005 for doors, gates and barriers or their components intended for installation in areas in the reach of people and for which the main intended uses are giving safe access for goods and vehicles accompanied or driven by persons in industrial, commercial and residential premises.
It does not apply to
- lock gates and dock gates;
- doors on lifts;
- doors on vehicles;
- armoured doors;
- doors mainly for the retention of animals;
- theatre textile curtains;
- horizontally moving doors less than 2,5 m wide and 6,25 m2 area, designed principally
- for pedestrian use;
- doors outside the reach of people (such as crane gantry fences);
- revolving doors of any size;
- railway barriers;
- barriers used solely for vehicles.
This document is not applicable to doors, gates and barriers which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.
This document applies only to doors which are not part of the load carrying structure of the building.