SNV - SN EN 1010-4+A1
Safety of machinery - Safety requirements for the design and construction of printing and paper converting machines - Part 4: Bookbinding, paper converting and finishing machines
|Publication Date:||1 March 2010|
|ICS Code (Equipment for the paper industry):||85.100|
|ICS Code (Reproduction equipment):||37.100.10|
This document applies to
- bookbinding machines:
- stitching, riveting, eyeletting and attaching machines;
- gang stitchers;
- gathering machines;
- perfect binders;
- paper drills;
- book signature presses;
- book presses;
- sheet folding machines;
- book production lines for the production of books with hard covers;
- back rounding and pressing machines;
- backlining and head banding machines;
- casing-in machines;
- book cover crease forming machines.
- paper converting machines:
- machines for the production of envelopes;
- machines for the production of sanitary items;
- inserting machines;
- paper embossing machines.
- paper finishing machines:
This document shall be used together with EN 1010-1:2004+A1. Both parts together identify all significant hazards relevant to bookbinding, paper converting and paper finishing machines when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see clause 4). The specific requirements in EN 1010-4 take precedence over respective requirements in EN 1010-1:2004+A1.
This document does not deal with risks generated by noise emitted from the machines. These issues are covered basically in EN 1010-1:2004+A1. However, for machines like sheet folding machines and machines for the production of envelopes and sanitary items, some specific proposals for noise reduction measures are given.
This document is not applicable to bookbinding, paper converting and finishing machines manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.