EUROCAE ED 125
PROCESS FOR SPECIFYING RISK CLASSIFICATION SCHEME AND DERIVING SAFETY OBJECTIVES IN ATM
|Publication Date:||1 March 2010|
• This document applies when specifying a Risk Classification Scheme (RCS) and deriving Safety Objectives for hazards at the ATM Service Provision level:
o This document covers the ATM System (airborne and ground (including spatial) components) as well as its environment of operations. It also includes the interaction between system elements as well as interactions between the system under assessment and other systems;
o This document does not address the assessment of introducing and/or planning organisational or management changes to the ATM service provision.
• This document provides quantitative Safety Objectives for hazards at the ATM Service Provision level of an Air Traffic Service Unit (ATSU) only. This document provides typical guidelines that can be used when quantifying Safety Objectives in the framework of a UFHA (Unit Functional Hazard Assessment).
• This document does not provide guidelines for quantifying Safety Objectives for a reduced scope (only a part of an ATM Service Provision).
• This document provides guidelines for the specification of a Risk Classification Scheme (RCS) within the framework of EUROCONTROL Safety Regulatory Requirements ESARR 4 "Risk Assessment and Mitigation in ATM" (Ref).
• This document may be used in supporting National Regulators and ATM Service Providers (ATMSP) to specify a common and harmonized Risk Classification Scheme and to derive quantitative Safety Objectives tailored to the ATM service provision in their operational environment in order to drive their ATM system design.
• This document does not provide guidelines on how the risks associated with hazards at the ATM Service Provision can be systematically and formally identified, assessed, and managed within safety levels. A reference to SAM [Ref 2] is provided for ED-125 users not knowing how to perform some steps of the risk assessment process in compliance with ESARR 4. (Statement of Compliance of SAM with ESARR 4 can be found in SRC DOC 12 V2.0 [Ref 4]). However, ED-125 users have the freedom to use any other guidance material to perform these steps while ensuring that this alternative guidance material complies with ESARR 4.