Standard: GME 60253
THE RESISTANCE OF ELASTOMERS TO FUELS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and Application
The object of this test method is the determination of the effects of fuels upon elastomers, by comparison of the values of specified properties before and after exposure to a test fuel. The test fuel used may alter the properties of the elastomers by one or more of the following effects:
Absorption of the test fuel by the elastomer.
Extraction of soluble components of the elastomer by the test fuel.
Chemical reaction of the test fuel with the elastomer.
In order to estimate the resistance of elastomers to fuels, the values of the following properties, determined before and after test shall be compared:
Volume to GME 60249.
Hardness to GME 60252 or 60256.
Any other specified properties as indicated in drawings or material specifications.
|Organization:||General Motors Europe|
|Document Number:||gme 60253|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|GME 60253||Change Type:||Update Date: 1997-02-01||Revision: 3||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 6 of 6.