SNZ - AS/NZS 60335.2.30
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.30: Particular requirements for room heaters
|Publication Date:||31 May 2004|
This Standard was prepared by the Joint Standards Australia/Standards New Zealand Committee EL-002- Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances and Small Power Transformers to supersede AS/NZS 60335.2.30:2009 three years from the date of publication. During this period it is anticipated that regulatory authorities will approve room heaters to either standard.
The principal changes in this edition as compared with the 2009 edition of AS/NZS 60335.2.30 and its amendments are as follows (minor changes are not listed).
- some additional instructions are introduced for heaters without a built-in thermostat, or those installed in the floor or in a bathroom (7.12 and 7.12.1);
- a spillage test is introduced for appliances having a grille and that are built into the floor (15.2).
The objective of this Standard is to provide manufacturers, designers, regulatory authorities, testing laboratories and similar organizations with safety requirements designed to give the user protection against hazards that might occur during normal operation and abnormal operation of the appliance and which may be used as the basis for approval for sale or for connection to the electricity supply mains in Australia and New Zealand
The text of IEC 60335-2-30 Ed 5, prepared by IEC Technical Committee TC 61, was submitted to the Standards Australia/Standards New Zealand Combined Procedure (dual public comment and committee vote) for adoption of the IEC standard as a Standards Australia/Standards New Zealand joint standard.
This Standard is an adoption with national modifications of the fifth edition of IEC 60335-2-30, Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-30: Particular requirements for room heaters. It has been varied as indicated to take account of Australian and New Zealand conditions.
This part 2 has to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of AS/NZS 60335.1 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 1: General requirements and its Amendments. It was established on the basis of AS/NZS 60335.1:2011.
This part 2 supplements or modifies the corresponding clauses of AS/NZS 60335.1 so as to convert it into the Australian/New Zealand Standard: Safety requirements for appliances for room heaters.
When a particular subclause of Part 1 is not mentioned in this part 2, that subclause applies as far as is reasonable. When this standard states "addition", "modification" or "replacement", the relevant text of Part 1 is to be adapted accordingly.
NOTE 1 The following numbering system is used:
- subclauses, tables and f igures that are numbered starting f rom 101 are additional to those in Part 1;
- unless notes are in a new subclause or involve notes in Part 1, they are numbered starting f rom 101, including those in a replaced clause or subclause;
- additional annexes are lettered AA, BB, etc.;
- subclauses, notes and annexes that are additional to those in the IEC standard are pref ixed with the letters AZ.
NOTE 2 The following print types are used:
- requirements: in roman type;
- test specificat ions: in italic type;
- notes: in small roman type.
Words in bold in the text are def ined in Clause 3.
pNOTE 3 In this document, p is used in the margin to indicate instructions for preparing a consol idated version. The essential safety requirements in AS/NZS 38201 that could be applicable to requirements for room heaters are covered by this standard.
The national variations to IEC 60335-2-30 Ed 5 form the Australian and New Zealand national variations for purposes of the IECEE scheme for recognition of results of testing to standards for safety of electrical equipment (the CB scheme).