SNZ - AS/NZS 60335.2.30
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.30: Particular requirements for room heaters
|Publication Date:||30 June 2015|
This International Standard deals with:
− the safety of microwave ovens with a cavity door intended for commercial use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances.
− the safety of combination microwave ovens with a cavity door, the requirements for which are contained in Annex AA.
− the safety of microwave ovens without a cavity door and with transportation means that are intended for commercial use only, for the heating of food and beverages, the requirements for which are contained in Annex BB..
Microwave ovens, covered by annex BB, have transportation means for moving the microwave load through the microwave oven. Requirements for tunnel microwave ovens and several types of microwave vending machines are covered.
NOTE 101 In annex BB a microwave oven without a cavity door and with transportation means is described as a microwave oven. All clauses of this standard apply to these appliances unless otherwise specified in Annex BB.
This international standard also takes into account ordinary persons having access to the removing area of the vending machine.
NOTE 102 The appliance may be built into a vending machine, in which case IEC 60335-2-75 may also be applicable.
NOTE 103 Appliances that use non-electrical energy are within the scope of this standard.
In general, this standard does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
This international standard does not take into account the use of a microwave oven without a cavity door and with transportation means by ordinary persons except in the vicinity of entrance and exit ports.
NOTE 104 The rationales for particular microwave exposure conditions and measures related to microwave energy being confined by an open structure are in Annex BB.
NOTE 105 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- for appliances intended to be used in tropical countries, special requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities specify additional requirements;
- in many countries, national authorities specify additional requirements to BB.22.119.1;
- responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities
NOTE 106 This standard does not apply to,
- household microwave ovens including combination microwave ovens (IEC 60335-2-25)
- industrial microwave heating equipment (IEC 60519-6)
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601)
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).