Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use – EMC requirements – Part 1: General requirements
|Publication Date:||1 February 2010|
|ICS Code (Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)):||33.100|
|ICS Code (Electricity. Magnetism. Electrical and magnetic measurements):||17.220|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of IEC 61326 specifies requirements for immunity and emissions regarding electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) for electrical equipment, operating from a supply or battery of less than 1 000 V a.c. or 1 500 V d.c. or from the circuit being measured, intended for professional, industrial-process, industrial-manufactu
- measurement and test;
- laboratory use;
- accessories intended for use with the above (such as sample handling equipment),
intended to be used in industrial and non-industrial locations.
Computing devices and assemblies and similar equipment within the scope of Information Technology Equipment (ITE) and complying with applicable ITE EMC standards can be used in systems within the scope of this part of IEC 61326 without additional testing, if it is suitable for the intended electromagnetic environment.
This product family standard takes precedence over generic standards.
The following equipment is covered in this standard.
a) Electrical measurement and test equipment This is equipment, which by electrical means measures, indicates or records one or more electrical or non-electrical quantities, also non-measuring equipment such as signal generators, measurement standards, power supplies and transducers.
b) Electrical control equipment This is equipment, which controls one or more output quantities to specific values, with each value determined by manual settings, by local or remote programming, or by one or more input variables. This includes Industrial Process Measurement and Control (IPMC) equipment, which consists of devices such as:
- process controllers and regulators;
- programmable controllers;
- power supply units for equipment and systems (centralized or dedicated);
- analogue/digital indicators and recorders;
- process instrumentation;
- transducers, positioners, intelligent actuators, etc.
c) Electrical laboratory equipment
This is equipment which measures, indicates monitors or analyses substances, or is used to prepare materials, and includes In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) equipment. This equipment may also be used in areas other than laboratories, for example self-test IVD equipment may be used in the home.
This standard is applicable to
- equipment for use in residential, commercial and light-industrial environments, according to IEC 61000-6-1;
- equipment for use in industrial locations;
- equipment for use in laboratories or test and measurement areas with a controlled electromagnetic environment;
- portable test and measurement equipment.