ETSI - EN 302 065
Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio spectrum Matters (ERM); Short Range Devices (SRD) using Ultra Wide Band technology (UWB) for communications purposes; Harmonized EN covering the essential requirements of article 3.2 of the R&TTE Directive
|Publication Date:||1 October 2010|
The present document applies to transceivers, transmitters and receivers utilizing Ultra WideBand (UWB) technologies and used for short range communication purposes.
The present document applies to impulse, modified impulse and RF carrier based UWB communication technologies.
The present document applies to fixed (indoor only), mobile or portable applications, e.g.:
• stand-alone radio equipment with or without its own control provisions;
• plug-in radio devices intended for use with, or within, a variety of host systems, e.g. personal computers, hand-held terminals, etc.;
• plug-in radio devices intended for use within combined equipment, e.g. cable modems, set-top boxes, access points, etc.;
• combined equipment or a combination of a plug-in radio device and a specific type of host equipment;
• equipment for use in road and rail vehicles.
NOTE 1: As per the ECC/DEC/(06)04 [i.4] and Decision 2007/131/EC [i.5] and its amendment the UWB transmitter equipment conforming to the present document is not to be installed at a fixed outdoor location, for use in flying models, aircraft and other forms of aviation.
The present document applies to UWB equipment with an output connection used with a dedicated antenna or UWB equipment with an integral antenna.
NOTE 2: A list of such ENs is included on the web site