Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-53: Particular requirements for sauna heating appliances
|Publication Date:||1 January 2005|
|ICS Code (Electric heaters):||97.100.10|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric sauna heating appliances having a rated power input not exceeding 20 kW, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 Sauna heating appliances may be of the thermal storage type.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances intended to cause perspiration to only a part of the human body;
- sweating baths where the head of the user remains outside the heated space; - tents and other collapsible sauna baths.