NAVY - OPNAV 3060.7C
(USFFC/N1) NAVY MANPOWER AUGMENTATION GUIDE
|Publication Date:||17 August 2018|
a. To establish policy and procedural guidance for the deployment of Navy personnel to augment joint and Navy forces in support of contingency operations, full scale war, or other national emergencies; to govern individual augmentee (IA) procedures for the activation, deactivation, mobilization, and demobilization of Reserve Component (RC) personnel, the deployment and re-deployment of Active Component (AC) personnel, and the processing of personnel at the Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center (ECRC) Navy mobilization processing sites (NMPS); and to provide guidance on command responsibilities, the augmentation pipeline, and special cases boards (SCB).
b. This instruction is a complete revision and should be read in its entirety. Notable changes are summarized in subparagraphs 1b(1) through 1b(5).
(1) Establishes Commander, Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (COMNAVEXPDCMBTCOM) as type commander (TYCOM) and local area coordinator for mobilization responsible for providing support via the ECRC NMPS to ensure IA Sailors are properly screened for deployment and receive required services upon re-deployment.
(2) Describes the augmentation pipeline in terms of an IA lifecycle (pre-deployment, processing, training, boots-on-ground, re-deployment, post-deployment) and expounds upon all phases.
(3) Defines IA command and control roles and responsibilities.
(4) Provides detailed information on IA sourcing from both the RC and AC.
(5) Sets forth criteria and procedures for SCB for delays, deferments, and exemptions.