Arc welding equipment - Part 14: Calibration, validation and consistency testing
|Publication Date:||1 October 2018|
|ICS Code (Welding equipment):||25.160.30|
This part of IEC 60974 specifies requirements for the VERIFICATION of arc welding and external monitoring equipment. This document also serves for practical implementation of the VERIFICATION procedure for arc welding equipment.
This document can be applied at the time of installation and any other times or intervals the user deems appropriate to ensure the equipment is capable of operating to the manufacturer's specification or other specifications deemed applicable by the user.
This document is not applicable to
- plasma systems used for cutting and gouging;
- arc striking and stabilizing devices;
- arc welding equipment designed in accordance with IEC 60974-6.
NOTE 1 Other components in welding systems such as for example robots, turning devices, gas consoles, etc. also have influence on the welding result and can be verified, if necessary. Additional information can be found in ISO 17662.
NOTE 2 Periodic inspection and testing for arc welding equipment is covered in IEC 60974-4.
This document is applicable for the user, service shop or manufacturer. It can be used
- stand alone;
- in conjunction with manufacturer's instructions; or
- as the basis for an equivalent VERIFICATION procedure written by the manufacturer for specific equipment.