CEN - PREN 12566-6
Small wastewater treatment systems for up to 50 PT - Part 6: Prefabricated treatment units for septic tank effluent
|Publication Date:||1 October 2018|
|ICS Code (Sewage water):||13.060.30|
This document specifies characteristics and related requirements, assessment methods, the marking and assessment and verification of constancy of performance (AVCP) procedures for prefabricated secondary treatment units for populations up to 50 inhabitants.
Prefabricated secondary treatment units in accordance with this document are:
• used for the treatment of effluent from product in accordance with EN 12566-1;
Equivalent septic effluent may come from existing septic tanks.
• made of concrete, steel, Unplasticized Polyvinylchloride (PVC-U), Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), Glass Reinforced Polyester (GRP-UP), Polydicyclopentadien
• used buried in the ground;
• with or without extension shaft;
• made of prefabricated components that are factory or site-assembled by one manufacturer and which are tested as a whole.
This document does not cover prefabricated secondary treatment units:
• where vehicle loads apply to it;
• with direct infiltration into the ground (non-watertight);
• made of retrofit kits (see definition in 3.1.5).
The assessment methods specified in this European Standard establish the performance of the prefabricated secondary treatment unit, needed to verify its suitability for the condition in which it is normally installed.