Lead-acid starter batteries - Part 1: General requirements and methods of test
|Publication Date:||1 November 2018|
|ICS Code (Acid secondary cells and batteries):||29.220.20|
|ICS Code (Electrical and electronic equipment):||43.040.10|
This part of IEC 60095 is applicable to lead-acid batteries with a nominal voltage of 12 V, used primarily as a power source for the starting of internal combustion engines, lighting, and for auxiliary equipment of internal combustion engine vehicles. These batteries are commonly called "starter batteries".
This document is applicable to batteries for the following purposes:
• batteries for passenger cars;
• batteries for commercial and industrial vehicles.
This document is not applicable to batteries for other purposes, such as the starting of railcar internal combustion engines or for motorcycles and other power sport vehicles.
This document defines many general properties of lead-acid batteries. Single sections can be referenced in other parts of the IEC 60095 series even if the application is excluded in the scope of this document. This document specifies the:
• general requirements;
• essential functional characteristics, relevant test methods and results required, for several classes of starter batteries:
• according to the general type of application;
• according to the type of product.