OPERATIONAL RANGE ASSESSMENTS
|Publication Date:||15 November 2018|
Purpose: This issuance:
• Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and prescribes procedures to assess the potential human health and environmental impacts to off-range receptors from the use of military munitions on operational ranges in the United States in accordance with the authority in DoD Directives (DoDDs) 5134.01, 4715.1E, and 6055.09E, and the July 13, 2018 Deputy Secretary of Defense Memorandum.
• Augments the guidance in DoDD 3200.15 and the "Defense Planning/Programming
APPLICABILITY. This issuance:
a. Applies to:
(1) OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to collectively in this issuance as the "DoD Components").
(2) Operational ranges in the United States that are reported in a DoD Component's operational range inventory in accordance with DoDD 3200.15.
b. Does not apply to:
(1) Operational ranges located outside the United States, including operational ranges used solely to support contingency operations.
(2) Indoor ranges.