CENELEC - EN 60335-2-74
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety Part 2-74: Particular requirements for portable immersion heaters
|Publication Date:||1 March 2003|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of portable electric immersion heaters for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
This European Standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by appliances and machines that are encountered by all persons. However, in general, it does not take into account:
- children playing with the appliance,
- the use of the appliance by children
- user maintenance by children, including the necessary cleaning of the appliance.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- heating elements incorporated in portable appliances, such as appliances for heating liquids (IEC 60335-2-15);
- aquarium heaters (IEC 60335-2-55);
- fixed immersion heaters (IEC 60335-2-73).