Road vehicles — Interchange of digital information on electrical connections between towing and towed vehicles — Part 1: Physical and data-link layers
|Publication Date:||1 May 2019|
|ICS Code (Car informatics. On board computer systems):||43.040.15|
This document describes the data link layer (DLL) and physical layer (PHY) for the two CAN-based network interfaces specified in the 11992-series.
The DLL sub-clauses are composed of:
- DLL protocol entity requirements;
- DLL device interface requirements; and
- DLL network system requirements.
Normally, the physical signalling sub-layer is implemented in the CAN protocol controller. The physical medium attachment sub-layer is normally implemented in the CAN transceiver or the System Base Chip (SBC). Optionally, it can comprise also additional protection circuitry. The media-dependent sub-layer comprises the connectors and the cabling.
The physical signalling (PS) sub-clauses are composed of:
- PS entity requirements;
- PS device interface requirements; and
- PS network system requirements.
The physical medium attachment (PMA) sub-clauses are composed of:
- PMA protocol entity requirements; and
- PMA device interface requirements.
The physical medium dependent (PMD) sub-clauses are composed of:
- PMD entity requirements;
- PMD device interface requirements; and
- PMD network system requirements.