Electric vehicle wireless power transfer (WPT) systems – Part 2: Specific requirements for communication between electric road vehicle (EV) and infrastructure
|Publication Date:||1 June 2019|
|ICS Code (Electric road vehicles):||43.120|
This Part of IEC 61980, which is a Technical Specification, applies to communication between electric road vehicle (EV) and wireless power transfer (WPT) systems when connected to the supply network, at standard supply voltages per IEC 60038 up to 1000 V AC and up to 1500 V DC.
This document also applies to wireless power transfer equipment supplied from on-site storage systems (e.g. buffer batteries) at standard supply voltages per IEC 60038 up to 1000 V AC and up to 1500 V DC.
The aspects covered in this document include
- standards for operational characteristics and functional characteristics of the WPT communication subsystem,
- communication requirements for WPT system while driving, which are under consideration,
- communication requirements for two- and three-wheel vehicles, which are under consideration, and
- communication requirements for bidirectional power transfer are under consideration
This document does not apply to
- safety aspects related to maintenance, and
- trolley buses, rail vehicles and vehicles designed primarily for use off-road.