Electric vehicle wireless power transfer (WPT) systems – Part 3: Specific requirements for the magnetic field wireless power transfer systems
|Publication Date:||1 June 2019|
|ICS Code (Electric road vehicles):||43.120|
This part of IEC 61980, which is a Technical Specification, applies to the equipment for the magnetic field wireless power transfer (MF-WPT) of electric power from the supply network to electric road vehicles for purposes of supplying electric energy to the RESS (rechargeable energy storage system) and/or other on-board electrical systems. The MF-WPT system operates at standard supply voltages ratings per IEC 60038 up to 1 000 V AC and up to 1 500 V DC The power transfer takes place while the electric vehicle (EV) is stationary.
This document also applies to MF-WPT equipment supplied from on-site storage systems (e.g. buffer batteries) at standard supply voltages ratings per IEC 60038 up to 1 000 V AC and up to 1 500 V DC.
The aspects covered in this document include
- the characteristics and operating conditions,
- the required level of electrical safety,
- requirements for basic communication for safety and process matters if required by a MFWPT system,
- requirements for positioning to assure efficient and safe MF-WPT power transfer, and
- specific EMC requirements for MF-WPT systems.
The following aspects are under consideration for future documents:
- requirements for two- and three-wheel vehicles,
- requirements for MF-WPT systems supplying power to EVs in motion, and
- requirements for bidirectional power transfer.
This standard does not apply to
- safety aspects related to maintenance, and
- trolley buses, rail vehicles and vehicles designed primarily for use off-road.
NOTE The teRMS used in this document are specifically for MF-WPT.