Construction of optical/metallic hybrid cables
|Publication Date:||1 November 2018|
This Recommendation describe cables containing both optical fibres and metallic wires and covers the following aspects.
- Optical/metallic hybrid cables for communications systems.
- Construction of optical/metallic hybrid cables. The optical fibre dimensional and transmission characteristics, together with their test methods, should comply with [ITUT G.652], [ITU-T G.653], [ITU-T G.654], [ITU-T G.655], [ITU-T G.656], [ITUT G.657] and [IEC 60793-2-10]. Dimensional and transmission characteristics of metallic wires and coaxial units for telecommunication, together with their test methods, should comply with [b-ITU-T TR-OFCS];
- Cables designed for outdoor, indoor or indoor-outdoor use: fibre-to-the-antenna
- Cables for limited powering applications found in communications systems.
- A recommendation that an optical/metallic hybrid cable should be provided with cable-end sealing and protection during cable delivery and storage, as is usual for metallic or optical cables. If splicing components have been factory installed, they should be adequately protected.
- A recommendation that pulling devices can be fitted to the end of the cable if required.