ETSI - TS 102 527-3
Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT); New Generation DECT; Part 3: Extended wideband speech services
|Publication Date:||1 August 2019|
The present document specifies a set of functionalities of the New Generation DECT.
The New Generation DECT provides the following basic new functionalities:
• Wideband speech service (ETSI TS 102 527-1  of this multi-part deliverable).
• Packet-mode data service supporting Internet Protocol with efficient spectrum usage and high data rates (ETSI TS 102 527-2 [i.4] of this multi-part deliverable).
• Extended wideband speech services (the present document).
• Light Data Services: Software Update Over The Air (SUOTA), Content Downloading and HTTP based applications (ETSI TS 102 527-4 [i.5] of this multipart deliverable).
• Additional feature set nr.1 for Extended wideband speech services.
Additional functionalities of the New Generation DECT may be defined in the future in further parts of this multi-part deliverable, or in different documents.
All New Generation DECT devices will offer at least one or several of these services.
The present document describes the part 3: Extended wideband speech services:
• For the description of the wideband speech service, see ETSI TS 102 527-1 .
• For the description of the support of transparent IP packet data, see ETSI TS 102 527-2 [i.4].
• For the description of the Light Data Services: Software Update Over The Air (SUOTA), Content Downloading and HTTP based applications, see ETSI TS 102 527-4 [i.5].
• The description of the additional feature set nr.1 for Extended wideband speech services will be published as ETSI TS 102 527-5 [i.13].
Part 3 ("Extended wideband speech services") is defined as an extension of part 1 ("Wideband speech" ), which means that all devices compliant to the present document will also implement at least all mandatory features and may implement the optional features defined in part 1. In addition to that, the present document defines additional mandatory or optional features.
Part 1 , and therefore part 3, are also defined as extensions of the "Generic Access Profile (GAP)" . All DECT devices offering Wideband speech services (part 1 or part 1 plus part 3) are also compliant with the "Generic Access Profile (GAP)" , and offer the DECT standard 32 kbit/s voice service according to GAP .
All DECT devices claiming to be compliant with this Application Profile will offer at least the basic services defined as mandatory. In addition to that, optional features can be implemented to offer additional DECT services.
The aim of the present document is to guarantee a sufficient level of interoperability and to provide an easy route for development of DECT wideband speech applications, with the features of the present document being a common fall-back option available in all compliant to this profile equipment.