Non-alloy steel wire rod for conversion to wire — Part 1: General requirements
|Publication Date:||1 July 2011|
|ICS Code (Steel bars and rods):||77.140.60|
ISO 16120 is applicable to wire rod of non-alloy steel intended for wire drawing and/or cold rolling. The cross-section can be circular, oval, square, rectangular, hexagonal, octagonal, half-round or another shape, generally with at least 5 mm nominal dimension, and with a smooth surface.
This part of ISO 16120 covers general requirements and is not applicable to products for which standards exist or are in development, for example:
- steel wire rod intended for heat treatment;
- free-cutting steel wire rod;
- steel wire rod for cold heading and cold extrusion;
- steel wire rod intended for the production of electrodes and products for welding;
- steel wire rod for welded fabric for reinforcement for concrete;
- steel wire rod for ball and roller bearings (see ISO 683-17);
- steel wire rod for wire for high fatigue strength mechanical springs, such as valve springs.
In addition to the requirements of this part of ISO 16120, the general technical delivery requirements specified in ISO 404 apply.