Information technology - Biometric data interchange formats - Part 6: Iris image data
|Publication Date:||1 October 2011|
|ICS Code (Information coding):||35.040|
This part of ISO/IEC 19794 specifies iris image interchange formats for biometric enrolment, verification and identification systems. The image information might be stored as
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444, or
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444 that might be cropped around the iris, with the iris at the centre, and which might incorporate region-of-interest masking of non-iris regions.
This part of ISO/IEC 19794 does not establish
- requirements on the optical specifications of cameras, or
- requirements on photometric properties of iris images, or
- requirements on enrolment processes, workflow and use of iris equipment.