Standard: TAPPI T 822
RING CRUSH OF PAPERBOARD (RIGID SUPPORT METHOD)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The ring crush test correlates with edgewise compression strength of paperboard (1,2).
This method is intended for paperboard between 0.28 mm (0.011 in.) and 0.61 mm (0.024 in.) thick. It may be used with less reliability for paperboard as thin as 0.18 mm (0.007 in.) and as thick as 0.76 mm (0.030 in.).
NOTE 1: Caution should be used when testing linerboard less or greater than the specified thickness as the results may be less reliable. For papers thinner than 0.28 mm (0.011 in.), test values may result from a combination of both buckling failure and pure compression. For papers thicker than specified, strain within the sample arising from bending the specimens into a cylinder may impact test results (3,4).
|Document Number:||tappi t 822|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|