DIN EN 267
Automatic forced draught burners for liquid fuels
|Publication Date:||1 November 2011|
|ICS Code (Liquid and solid fuel burners):||27.060.10|
This European Standard specifies the terminology, the general requirements for the construction and operation of automatic forced draught oil burners and also the provision of control and safety devices, and the test procedure for these burners.
This European Standard applies to automatic forced draught oil burners supplied with:
- a fuel having a viscosity at the burner inlet of 1,6 mm²/s (cSt) up to 6 mm²/s (cSt) at 20 °C; and
- higher boiling petroleum based first raffinates (viscosity greater than 6 mm2/s), that require preheating for proper atomisation.
This European Standard is applicable to:
- single burners fitted to a single combustion chamber;
- single burners fitted to an appliance with additional requirements, then the relevant standard of this appliance shall be taken into account;
- single-fuel and dual-fuel burners when operating on oil only;
- the oil function of dual-fuel burners designed to operate simultaneously on gaseous and liquid fuels, in which case the requirements of EN 676 will also apply in respect of the gaseous fuel function.
This European Standard deals with all significant machine hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to burners, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer, see Annex J.
This European Standard also deals with the additional requirements for the burners in the scope with pressurised parts and/or firing pressurised bodies, see Annex K.
This European Standard specifies the requirements to be met by the manufacturer to ensure the safety during commissioning, start-up, operation, shut-down and maintenance.
This European Standard does not deal with hazards due to specific applications.
This European Standard is not applicable to automatic forced draught oil burners which are manufactured before the date of its publication as European Standard.