Connectors for electrical and electronic equipment – Tests and measurements – Part 28-100: Signal integrity tests up to 2 000 MHz – Tests 28a to 28g
|Publication Date:||1 November 2019|
|ICS Code (Plug-and-socket devices. Connectors):||31.220.10|
This part of IEC 60512 specifies the test methods for signal integrity and transmission performance for connectors specified in respective parts of IEC 60603-7, IEC 61076-1, IEC 61076-2, and IEC 61076-3 standards for connecting hardware applications up to 2 000 MHz. It is also suitable for testing lower frequency connectors, however, the test methodology specified in the detail specification for any given connector remains the reference conformance test for that connector. The above list of connector series of standards does not preclude referencing this document in other connector manufacturer's specifications or published standards.
Test procedures provided herein are:
- insertion loss, test 28a;
- return loss, test 28b;
- near-end crosstalk (NEXT) test 28c;
- far-end crosstalk (FEXT), test 28d;
- transverse conversion loss (TCL), test 28f;
- transverse conversion transfer loss (TCTL), test 28g.
Other test procedures referenced herein are:
- transfer impedance (ZT), see IEC 60512-26-100, test 26e.
- for coupling attenuation (aC), see IEC 62153-4-12.