Statistical representation of soil data
|Publication Date:||1 September 2019|
Scope and application
The recommended practice is applicable to analysis and representation of soil data for all kinds of offshore geotechnical engineering problems.
The following major topics are covered by the recommended practice:
- types of uncertainties in soil data
- uncertainty modelling, including probability distributions and parameters to describe them
- generic distribution types for soil data
- central estimation of soil parameters
- estimation of soil parameters with confidence
- interpretation of characteristic values from data
- geostatistics, including spatial averaging and spatial estimation
- full probability distribution modelling of soil properties in geotechnical reliability analysis.