|Publication Date:||1 January 2020|
This standard gives criteria and recommendations for riser systems exposed to static and dynamic loading for use in the offshore petroleum and natural gas industries. All phases are covered, from concept development to installation, commissioning, operation, repair, requalification and abandonment, within the following topics:
- design, material selection and construction
- design philosophy, design loads and global analysis aspects, valid for all riser materials, with specific acceptance criteria for steel risers
- documentation and quality control.
The following riser systems for permanent operations (import/export, injection and production) are covered by this standard:
- steel catenary risers (SCR)
- lazy steel catenary risers (LSCR)
- hybrid riser systems
- top-tensioned risers (TTR)
- steel risers clamped to fixed structures directly exposed to environmental loading
- pipeinpipe riser systems
- steel water-intake riser systems.
The following riser systems for temporary operations are covered by this standard:
- drilling risers
- completion/workover (C/WO) risers.