ICC I-CODE OMSC
I-Codes: ORMSC - Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code
|Publication Date:||1 January 2019|
The scope of this code is as provided in ORS 455.020(1) and as further noted in this section.
This code shall regulate the design, installation, alteration and inspection of mechanical systems that are permanently installed and utilized to provide control of environmental conditions and related processes within buildings. This code shall also regulate those mechanical systems, system components, equipment and appliances specifically addressed herein. The installation of fuel gas distribution piping and equipment, fuel gas-fired appliances and fuel gas-fired appliance venting systems shall comply with Appendix C, "Fuel Gas," of this code.
Detached one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses not more than three stories above grade plane height with a separate means of egress and their accessory structures shall comply with the Residential Code.
The Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code, as adopted by the State of Oregon, Building Codes Division, includes portions of the International Mechanical Code pertaining to any construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair and installation of materials and equipment in or part of buildings and structures covered by the state building code.
This code shall not apply to:
1. The construction, alteration, moving, demolition, repair, maintenance and work located primarily in a public way.
2. Mechanical equipment not specifically regulated in this code.
3. Hydraulic flood control structures including, but not limited to, dams and levees.
4. Mechanical equipment in or part of structures that are not covered by the state building code. Buildings exempt from the Building Code by ORS 455.315 shall comply with this code, as applicable.
Provisions in the appendices shall not apply unless specifically adopted as noted in Sections 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
Appendix C, "Fuel Gas," is adopted by the State of Oregon, Building Codes Division, as part of the state building code.
Appendix chapters not adopted.
The following appendix chapters are informative only and not adopted by the State of Oregon, Building Codes Division, as part of the state building code:
1. Appendix A, "Chimney Connector Passthroughs."
2. Appendix B, "Recommended Permit Fee Schedule."