NAVY - OPNAV 1160.6C
(N13) SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY PROGRAM
|Publication Date:||5 October 2017|
a. To establish policies, procedures, and responsibilities for the Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP) program. This instruction is a complete revision and should be reviewed in its entirety.
b. This revision includes the changes listed in subparagraphs 1b(1) through 1b(7).
(1) Changed responsibility for special duty assignment and SDAP level recommendations from Navy Personnel Command for Enlisted Distribution (PERS-40) to Assistant Commander, Navy Personnel Command for Career Management (PERS-4).
(2) Added responsibilities for coordination between enlisted community managers, commanding officers (CO), and Commander, Navy Personnel Command Enlisted Career Administration (COMNAVPERSCOM (PERS-81)).
(3) Added Military Pay and Compensation (OPNAV (N130)) to review administrative changes to the eligibility chart such as unit identification code shifts, newly created unit identification codes, and newly established Navy enlisted classifications (NEC) that are replacing retired eligible NECs to ensure they are administrative in nature.
(4) Added eligibility requirement for CO to designate, in writing, a Sailor's qualification to receive SDAP. Also included is an example letter in enclosure (1).
(5) Removed statement regarding SDAP eligibility during terminal leave.
(6) Added payment procedure to require pay level changes and pay terminations to be submitted through the command's local personnel support detachment (PSD).
(7) Added statement regarding restarting SDAP after termination due to failure of a command to recertify.