CEI EN IEC 60335-2-111
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety Part 2: Particular requirements for electric ondol mattress with a non-flexible heated part
|Publication Date:||1 May 2020|
|ICS Code (Furniture):||97.140|
|ICS Code (Electric heaters):||97.100.10|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric ondol-mattresses for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
This standard also applies to control units supplied with the appliance.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used in community spas or by persons in cold ambient temperatures, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 101 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- blankets, pads and similar flexible heating appliances (IEC 60335-2-17);
- room heaters (IEC 60335-2-30);
- water bed heaters (IEC 60335-2-66);
- heating appliances for breeding and rearing animals (IEC 60335-2-71);
- foot warmers and heating mats (IEC 60335-2-81);
- flexible sheet heating elements for room heating (IEC 60335-2-96);
- heated carpets and for heating units for room heating installed under removable floor coverings (IEC 60335-2-106);
- appliances specifically intended for use under medical supervision (IEC 80601-2-35).