Steady-state neutronics methods for power reactor analysis
|Publication Date:||1 January 2011|
This standard provides guidance for performing and validating the sequence of steady-state calculations leading to prediction-in all types of operating commercial nuclear reactors-of the following:
(1) reaction-rate spatial distributions;
(3) change of nuclide compositions with time.
The standard provides the following:
(1) guidance for the selection of computational methods;
(2) criteria for verification and validation of calculation methods used by reactor core analysts;
(3) criteria for evaluation of accuracy and range of applicability of data and methods;
(4) requirements for documentation of the preceding.
Note that the use of mixed uranium-plutonium oxide (MOX) fuel has been taken as out of scope for this revision of the standard. It will be taken into account in the next revision.