IEC - TR 61850-90-9
Communication networks and systems for power utility automation – Part 90-9: Use of IEC 61850 for Electrical Energy Storage Systems
|Publication Date:||1 September 2020|
|ICS Code (Telecontrol. Telemetering):||33.200|
Scope of this document
This technical report, which is part of the IEC 61850 series, describes the IEC 61850 information model for electrical energy storage systems (EESS). Therefore, this document only focuses on storage functionality in the purpose of grid integration of such systems at the DER unit level. Higher level Interactions are already covered in IEC 61850-7-420.
This new subclause is mandatory for any IEC 61850 namespace (as defined by IEC 61850-7-1/AMD1).
Data model Namespace Code Component distribution
The Code Components are in light and full version:
• The full version is named: IEC_TR_61850-90-9.NS
• The light version is named: IEC_TR_61850-90-9.NS
The Code Components for IEC 61850 data models are formated in compliance with the NSD format defined by the standard IEC 61850-7-7. Each Code Component is a ZIP package containing:
• the electronic representation of the Code Component itself (possibly multiple files),
• the grammar files (XSD) enabling to check the consistency of the associated files against the defined version of NSD, but as well against the IEC 61850 flexibility rules in case of private extensions,
• a file describing the content of the package (IECManifest.xml).
The IECManifest contains different sections giving information on:
• The copyright notice
• The identification of the code component
• The publication related to the code component
• The list of the electronic files which compose the code component
• An optional list of history files to track changes during the evolution process of the code component.
The life cycle of a code component is not restricted to the life cycle of the related publication. The publication life cycle goes through two stages, Version (corresponding to an edition) and Revision (corresponding to an amendment). A third publication stage (Release) allows publication of Code Component in case of urgent fixes of InterOp Tissues, thus without need to publish an amendment.
Consequently new release(s) of the Code Component may be released, which supersede(s) the previous release, and will be distributed through the IEC TC57 web site.
The latest version/release of the document will be found by selecting the file named IEC_TR_61850-90-9.NS