Standard: TAPPI T 578
ACCELERATED LIGHT AGING OF PRINTING AND WRITING PAPER BY XENON-ARC EXPOSURE APPARATUS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard practice describes a laboratory procedure for the exposure of printing and writing paper to xenon-arc light at elevated levels of light flux to permit accelerated aging of that type of paper.
This standard practice specifies the sample preparation and conditions of exposure required to obtain information on the relative stability of paper with regard to change in optical properties brought about by exposure of such paper to light.
This standard practice provides qualitative guidelines regarding paper stability. It does not define the life expectancy for a given paper to reach a specified set of optical properties.
This standard practice uses high-intensity broadband light sources that may not be suitable for the evaluation of light stability of papers that contain peroxide bleached mechanical pulp (1).
|Document Number:||tappi t 578|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 13.